Sugarfree chai granola
It is not that long ago that I discovered Chai tea. I’m not a big fan of coffee and drinking tea can sometimes become a bit boring..
So when I first tasted a Chai tea latte I immediately was hooked! It has such a comforting smell and before I knew it I wanted to drink this latte all day long;) It wasn’t long before I came up with the idea of putting these delicious Chai spices in other recipes as wel!
Today I will show one of my favorites: Chai granola:)
I’m thinking of trying to make a Chai cake as well.. Wouldn’t that be awesome??:)
- 1/2 cup honey or agave
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and hot
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 3 cups oat bran
- 2 cups nuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 70% dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the warmed honey, coconut oil and the vanilla.
- Now put your oats, nuts and chai spice in your mixing bowl as well and mix until combined.
- Spread the mixture out on lined baking sheet and knead the mixture for a minute with your hands so that the mixture sticks a little bit more together
- Bake the granola mixture for about 3o minutes and give it a stir occasionally.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and let it cool. Then add the chunks of dark chocolate.I ate my granola with some plain yoghurt, but it is also delicious to at to your oatmeal in the morning to give it some crunchiness